[vc_row dark=”true” top_and_bottom_padding=”” left_and_right_padding=”” bg_type=”bg_image” cover=”true” parallax=”parallax” id=”” class=”secnd-sec” style=”” bg_image=”3015″][vc_column delay=”” delay_offset=”” bg_type=”” min_height=”” top_and_bottom_padding=”” left_and_right_padding=”” width=”1/2″][vc_custom_heading text=”Engineering” font_container=”tag:h2|font_size:32|text_align:left|color:%23f1404b” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Europe has suffered from high gas prices for decades which prompted trailer designers to engineer trailers that can be pulled safely by smaller, more fuel-efficient tow vehicles.
Europeans have been developing well-engineered, aerodynamic horse trailers much longer than we have in North America. We have the benefit of learning from their years of experience.
Three outstanding criteria must be met:
- Maximum tongue load of 113 kg (250 lbs) for trailers up to 14′ in length or 150kg (330 lbs) for trailers 14’+ in length
- Independent overrun (entirely mechanical) braking system.
- Features to create a silent, cool, comfortable space for your horse(s)
In accordance with European road regulations, European engineers design “self-balancing” horse trailers – bearing their weight over the wheels and “leaning” a maximum of 4% of the GVWR onto the tow vehicle. The tow vehicle guides the trailer along the road, rather than piggy-backing it.
Conventional flat roofed, box-style trailers create a vacuum when in tow, which requires a strong engine to break the vacuum. The aerodynamic roof line of Böckmann trailers eliminates the vacuum and sway, so no need for such a strong engine. By transferring the load back to the trailer itself, creating aerodynamic roof-lines, and using an overrun breaking system – a smaller vehicle can safely tow a Böckmann designed trailer.[/vc_column][vc_column delay=”” delay_offset=”” bg_type=”” min_height=”” top_and_bottom_padding=”” left_and_right_padding=”” width=”1/2″][vc_custom_heading text=”Safety & Comfort” font_container=”tag:h2|font_size:32|text_align:left|color:%23f1404b” use_theme_fonts=”yes”]
Böckmann trailers have been designed with your horses’ safety and comfort in mind.
- Silent, cool and spacious interior ensures your horse enjoys the best possible conditions during transport.
- MSS stall system allows you to release the chest bars from outside the trailer, in the event of emergency.
- Tinted safety windows pop-open on most models to direct airflow for maximum comfort for your horse(s). Portax models have a roof vent to draw air into the trailer.
- The ramp/rear door fully closes. Ventilation design maintains a consistent temperature inside the trailer, ensuring horses are kept cool with continual access to fresh air.
- Rear door has a storm canvas flap with integrated wind screen(*model dependent), that can be fully closed or left open depending upon season or weather conditions.
- Adjustable stall width for foaling mares and yearlings, by adding full width bars to create a box stall design.
- 5′ long loading ramps, decreases angle of entry for horses and allows a horse to stand with all 4 feet on the same plane as they enter or exit the trailer.
Böckmann Design Excellence
- Arrive at the show relaxed and ready to perform
- Silent, cool and spacious
- Safety windows
- Maintains a consistent temperature
- The rear ramp has a storm door flap
- Adjustable stall width and length
- Maximum tongue weight: 150 kg 330 lbs)
- Engineering: Read more